Welcome to the third edition of Inspector's Digital Portal Newsletter by Smartflow.
This edition zooms into three parts:
- Tips for creating effective inspection checklists
- Upcoming inspection events. Where can you meet us
- News from Smartflow’s Digital ISGOTT Solution. Short overview.
At Smartflow, we work with tank storage, oil and gas, TIC, and maritime professionals who are looking for efficient ways to tackle inspection processes and field inspections.
This is how you can build effective inspection checklists that consistently lead to thorough and reliable inspections.
- Divide the inspection process into smaller tasks where each task is atomic and can be executed independently.
- Capture clear responses like a Yes/No or OK/Not OK instead of text responses.
- List the checks in a logical order that the inspector can easily follow. Where possible, plan a day to observe the inspector on the field when performing checks to understand how checks can be grouped and ordered to make them simple to use and save time.
- Capture remarks/ comments/ pictures during the process, if possible, for individual checks to have a comprehensive inspection report.
Using the Smartflow platform, we have built checklists targeted to various industries ranging from standard ATEX inspections to custom tank, pump, and rig inspections specific to an organization.
The platform provides a framework for inspections where checks can be organized and divided into manageable tasks.
It comes with a rich toolset to capture various types of data in the field, ranging from yes/no answers to capturing images and reading bar and QR codes.
Additionally, there is a rich library in the low code segment of the platform to integrate with NFC or IoT devices. All these combined make the platform a powerful option for building tailored inspection checklists to suit specific industries or organizations.
Smartflow provides design tools to build custom dashboards using grids, charts, and maps.
These advanced tools can be used to present the data from completed as well as ongoing checklists for information and review.
For enterprise users, Smartflow also exposes the inspection data in a data lake that can be easily accessed using tools like Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, etc., to build informational and analytical reports. These reports can then further be used to refine the inspection process.